ESCAP – Bangkok – 18 Mar 2021 –
23 to 26 March 2021, Bangkok, Thailand (Virtual)
Over 1,000 senior government officials and stakeholders from civil society, the private sector, academia, think tanks and international organizations will convene via a virtual platform next week to discuss sustainable recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic, in line with the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
The 8th Asia-Pacific Forum on Sustainable Development organized by the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) will be held from 23 to 26 March 2021 under the theme “Sustainable and resilient recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic in Asia and the Pacific.”
This year’s Forum will play a unique role as a catalyzer of solutions and peer learning to accelerate transformations for implementing the 2030 Agenda while recovering from COVID-19.
The Forum will conduct in-depth reviews of Sustainable Development Goals 1, 2, 3, 8, 10, 12, 13, 16 and 17. Countries will also receive support for the presentation of their Voluntary National Reviews at the 2021 High-Level Political Forum, which will be held in July in New York.
Members of the media and public are invited to watch the proceedings online.
What: The 8th Asia-Pacific Forum on Sustainable Development
When: 23 to 26 March 2021
Watch online: https://www.youtube.com/UNESCAP
- Ms. Amina Mohammed, Deputy Secretary-General of the United Nations
- H.E. Munir Akram, President of the Economic and Social Council
- H.E. Mr. Don Pramudwinai, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs, Thailand (TBC)
- Ms. Armida Salsiah Alisjahbana, Under-Secretary-General of the United Nations and Executive Secretary of ESCAP
- H.E. Ms. Rosemarie Edillon, Undersecretary for Policy and Planning National Economic and Development Authority, The Philippines
Launch of the Asia-Pacific SDG Partnership Report: ‘Responding to the COVID-19 Pandemic: Leaving No Country Behind’
When: 23 March 2021 (13:00-14:00 hours, GMT+7 – Bangkok)
- Ms. Armida Salsiah Alisjahbana, United Nations Under-Secretary-General and Executive Secretary of ESCAP
- Mr. Bambang Susantono, Vice-President for Knowledge Management and Sustainable Development, ADB
- Mr. Kung Phoak, Deputy Secretary-General, ASEAN
- Mr. Christophe Bahuet, Deputy Assistant Administrator, Deputy Regional Director for Asia & the Pacific and Director of the Bangkok Regional Hub, UNDP
Watch live: http://bit.ly/WatchSDGPartnerLaunch
The Asia-Pacific Forum on Sustainable Development is an annual and inclusive intergovernmental forum and a regional platform for supporting countries, particularly those with special needs, in implementing the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development while serving as a regional preparatory meeting to the High-Level Political Forum.
For more information, visit: https://www.unescap.org/apfsd/8